I donated a literature unit to a middle school giveaway for teachers. If any of my teacher followers are interested in some new teaching resources, please click the links below to enter. I contributed my In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson literature unit, but if you win the ELA product pack, you can choose any literature unit from my teacher store.
Congratulations to Jennifer S. and Kaylynn S. for winning the Back to School Teacher Emergency Kits. I will get them in the mail to you this week. Not only will you be receiving one emergency kit each, you will also receive 2 oven mitts each since I had to buy potholder/oven mitt SETS to get the square potholders I wanted for the kit. I am very picky about my project materials and purchasing excessive items was not going to stop me from getting the exact potholder I needed. Plus, Kmart was having a huge sale.
Thanks again to all who participated!
The Back to School Teacher Emergency Kit Giveaway has ended. In honor of this amazing giveaway I am sharing one final summer cocktail recipe to celebrate.
Of the handful of cocktails I posted this summer, the cherry margarita is still my favorite, but this weekend’s cocktail, the Paloma, was refreshing. I am definitely drawn to drinks with tart, citrus flavors in them, so this grapefruit based drink caught my attention.
- 1 shot tequila
- 2 shots pink grapefruit juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 1 T. simple syrup or Agave syrup (or to taste)
- splash of club soda
- 1 lime wedge
- crushed ice
- In a glass, mix the tequila, grapefruit juice, and simple syrup.
- Add crushed ice.
- Pour a splash of club soda on top.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime on top and garnish with a slice of lime.
- Ingredients list makes one large Paloma. Increase amounts as needed.
- To make simple syrup, Put equal parts water and sugar in a pot and heat on the stove until sugar is dissolved. Swirl the mixture a few times while heating. Remove from heat and let cool. If you only need a few cocktails, mix 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar. If you are mixing cocktails for a large group, double or triple. Leftover simple syrup can be kept in a container with a lid in the refrigerator for a long time.
The Giveaway Details
- Giveaway ended at 7 pm (EST) tonight, 8/4/13.
- My two lucky winners will each receive one filled Back to School Teacher Emergency Kit! I will announce the winners this week in a separate post.
Did you see yesterday’s post about the gift card mini wallet? If you did, I am sure you were thinking about how you could get your hands on one of these little beauties. Well, it’s your lucky day. I will be giving away one gift card wallet that includes a $10 mystery gift card! (Reminder– I am earning a teacher’s salary and have not hit the mother load with any sponsors yet.)
Your name will be entered in the drawing every time you like posts during the contest week, leave a comment to a post during the contest week, follow theroommom, like my Facebook page, follow me on Pinterest, and/or follow me on Twitter. Based on the overwhelming response to my first giveaway, if you do just two of these things, your odds of winning are quite high. U.S. addresses only, please.
Contest ends Sunday, Oct. 7 at noon (EST).