The Back to School Teacher Emergency Kit Giveaway has ended. In honor of this amazing giveaway I am sharing one final summer cocktail recipe to celebrate.
Of the handful of cocktails I posted this summer, the cherry margarita is still my favorite, but this weekend’s cocktail, the Paloma, was refreshing. I am definitely drawn to drinks with tart, citrus flavors in them, so this grapefruit based drink caught my attention.
- 1 shot tequila
- 2 shots pink grapefruit juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 1 T. simple syrup or Agave syrup (or to taste)
- splash of club soda
- 1 lime wedge
- crushed ice
- In a glass, mix the tequila, grapefruit juice, and simple syrup.
- Add crushed ice.
- Pour a splash of club soda on top.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime on top and garnish with a slice of lime.
- Ingredients list makes one large Paloma. Increase amounts as needed.
- To make simple syrup, Put equal parts water and sugar in a pot and heat on the stove until sugar is dissolved. Swirl the mixture a few times while heating. Remove from heat and let cool. If you only need a few cocktails, mix 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar. If you are mixing cocktails for a large group, double or triple. Leftover simple syrup can be kept in a container with a lid in the refrigerator for a long time.
The Giveaway Details
- Giveaway ended at 7 pm (EST) tonight, 8/4/13.
- My two lucky winners will each receive one filled Back to School Teacher Emergency Kit! I will announce the winners this week in a separate post.