Miss Priss earned kindergarten Star of the Week last week. Since all students receive this prestigious award at one point during the year, I am not so sure it is a terribly big honor, but she was excited. Requirements? Send in several pictures of your family (= work for me). Send in special show and tell (= monitoring from me). Send in special snack on Friday (= opportunity to get carried away for me).
If you read about the Dill Dip, you know that I take kindergarten snacks very seriously, and my daughter has a much better sense of what is appropriate. Nevertheless, she was Star of the Week, and I thought it deserved something special– Heath Bar Apple Dip with pretzels and apple slices. The first time I tasted this stuff, I practically fell down. Let me know if you think it is as delicious as my family does.
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 bag Heath toffee bits (or crushed Skor bar)
- Apple wedges (I like Granny Smith apples, peeled)
- Snyder’s Dipping Stix or Snaps (optional)
- Cream together cream cheese, sugars, and vanilla
- Stir in Heath bits with a spoon
- Serve with apple wedges and/or pretzels
- Note: cut apples into pineapple juice to keep from turning brown
Pingback: The Last Snack | theroommom