I love awards, and it made my day to receive a nomination from one of my new blogger friends, Cafe Casey. I have a whole lot of respect for Casey because she teaches high school students and seems to do it with humor!
There are some rules that go with the nomination:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link to the site. (see above)
- Write seven things about yourself that other bloggers don’t know.
- Nominate fifteen other deserving blogs.
Seven things about myself:
- I learned to sew just so I could make a Jedi robe for my son that I saw on Pinterest.
- I love party dips of any kind and am happy to treat them like a meal.
- Even though I like cooking, snacks, etc., I do not like to pack school lunches.
- I think everything looks better with a monogram on it.
- I only do laundry on Sundays.
- I have a subscription to US magazine and am disappointed when it is not in my mailbox on Thursdays.
- I spend months thinking about my Christmas cards. Receiving Christmas cards (with family photos) is my favorite part of the holidays.
15 Blog Nominations
365 Daybook — A year in book titles
Second Career Teacher — Adventures of a first year teacher at age 40 something
Pillows a la Mode — Inspiration for sewing projects
The Renegade Seamstress — More ideas for a sewing newbie
Keeping it Real — Mom stories and other reflections
Life in the 50’s and Beyond — Love her 6-word Saturday posts!
An Education in Books — Must-read books for kids
The Deployment Diatribes — Written by a grade school friend about the life of a military wife.
Oh Yes They Did! — Hilarious. I always laugh when reading this and LOVE this blogger’s writing style.
Nerdy Book Club — Great source for juvenile book ideas.
Popcorntheblog — Tips and inspiration about writing.
The Joy of Teaching — Good comments about education.
Running in Mommyland — Written by a friend from my 8th grade class about life as a mom and trying to keep up with it all. This blog semi-inspired me to get my blog going.
Village Connection — Keeps me updated on new and fun things in my neighborhood.
Hot Mess Mom — If you feel down about your parenting skills, read this.