If I can think of a gift that can be given to an entire family unit, I buy it. I shop for my two sisters (married with kids), my brother (married with kids), and my parents. Last year each family received a mini crock pot with a recipe for my favorite crock pot dip. I love mini things, and these little crock pots are really fun. When my whole extended family was together at Christmas, we got them all out one night and set up a chocolate fondue buffet with everyone’s crock pots. Yum!
I tied a recipe card with the classic Velveeta queso dip recipe on top of everyone’s wrapped crock pot.
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes (I like mild)
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb. browned ground beef
- Add Velveeta to crock pot with Ro-Tel tomatoes and browned ground beef. Heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Serve with Fritos Scoops or tortilla chips.
- May need to half the recipe to fit in the mini sized crock pot.
Alternate Idea: See below for the triple crock pot that I saw on the Target website. I think the triple crock pots might be even smaller than the single mini! Maybe somebody will get this for me this year (hint, hint Sewing Sister and Aunt B).