What a happy surprise! A fellow blogger, FadedFairyTale, nominated me for a blog award.
7/30/2012 — Another nomination. Thank you Parentista for the nomination. I am so appreciative to have bloggers who read and like my posts. I am combining my nomination posts since I don’t have any new insights about myself to add. I did have one new hot blog to share, so I updated my blog nominations. See the list below.
There are some rules that go with the nomination:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link to the site. (see above)
- Write seven things about yourself that other bloggers don’t know.
- Nominate fifteen other deserving blogs.
Seven things about myself:
- Eating Altoids makes me sneeze.
- I let my children watch TV, so I can read (mostly juvenile literature).
- I recently learned how to make pasta from scratch. And, yes, it is far superior to pasta from the box.
- I love spreadsheets, tables, lists, file systems, etc.
- My dining room table is overflowing with mail and in-progress projects. My husband wants to know why I insist on having a dining room in any house we own since we never eat at that table. DUH– where else will all my project supplies go?
- I love junky Mexican restaurants and margaritas (frozen, no salt).
- I let my children eat Fritos, crackers, whatever is in the pantry for breakfast as long as they fix it themselves.
(Almost) 15 blog nominations:
Oh Yes They Did! — Hilarious. I always laugh when reading this and LOVE this blogger’s writing style.
Nerdy Book Club — Great source for juvenile book ideas.
Popcorntheblog — Tips and inspiration about writing.
Wuppenif — Love reading about life on a farm.
Pretty Baking — Really good cake ideas.
The Joy of Teaching — Good comments about education.
Running in Mommyland — Written by a friend from my 8th grade class about life as a mom and trying to keep up with it all. This blog semi-inspired me to get my blog going.
Village Connection — Keeps me updated on new and fun things in my neighborhood.
Hot Mess Mom — If you feel down about your parenting skills, read this.
Paper and Cake — Party ideas and printables
I wish I had more, but I am new to the blogging world and am just beginning to explore all of the great posts that are out there. Thank you again FadedFairyTale and Parentista for the nominations. It made my day(s)!