Thank you to all who entered to win the Amazon gift card and participated in the recent blog hop. Congratulations to Callie W. who is my big winner! (Please look for an e-mail from me with details about your prize.)
In case Callie (or other readers) need help shopping for books, below is my favorite juvenile literature from 2014. These books were not necessarily published in 2014. They are just the books I enjoyed reading the most this past year.
- Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer L. Holm (5th grade +)
- The Meaning of Maggie by Megan Jean Sovern (4th+)
- Just Grace and the Trouble with Cupcakes by Charise Mericle Harper (2nd+)
- Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo (3rd+)
- Magic in the Mix by Annie Barrows (4th+)
- The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau (5th+)
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline (8th/9th+)
- 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass (4th+)
- Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan (7th+)
- A Dog Called Homeless by Sarah Lean (5th+)
- Holes by Louis Sachar (4th+)
- The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen (7th+)
Thanks! Great book ideas for the kid who got a Kindle for Christmas!
Did your kids get a Kindle? Do they like it? We are on the fence about getting one for Mr. Star Wars.