My holiday houseguests arrived Thursday night (about 5 hours after school let out for Christmas break). I did not make it to the grocery store before they arrived, so I offered a few leftover rosemary nuts and some slices of cranberry bread that I received as a teacher gift for breakfast Friday morning. We did not even have milk for coffee– my husband had to run out to the gas station.
This morning, I actually had breakfast food for my guests after a major trip to the grocery store (courtesy of my husband– I almost considered that a Christmas gift). I served up some Breakfast Cups to the group, and people were not disappointed. I need another quick prep meal for tomorrow morning. Can anybody help a hostess?
- 1- 10 oz. Can Ro-Tel tomatoes (I use mild version)
- ½ c. mayo
- 1 c. grated cheddar and Monterey Jack (or just cheddar)
- 1 t. dried basil
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ small onion chopped
- 1-2 cans 10 oz. refrigerated flaky layered biscuits (I use Pillsbury Grands Original Flaky Layer Biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together tomatoes, mayo, cheese, basil, bacon, and onion.
- Separate each biscuit into 3 layers.
- Press each layer into a lightly greased mini muffin tin and fill with tomato mixture. Bake 10-12 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.