After I posted the Blackberry Vodka Lemonade last week, I decided to run a series this summer testing fruity cocktails. I am on summer vacation, and my productivity levels go in the toilet unless I have some goals. This seemed like a worthwhile project, and I already had the Pinterest board for drinks that look refreshing. Last night I tweaked a recipe for a watermelon cocktail. Overall, I like tart, citrus drinks better (like a margarita), but this cocktail was pretty good.
Watermelon Vodka Slushie
- ~1 1/2 c. watermelon, cut into small chunks
- ~1 1/2 c. vodka
- ~ 2 c. cranberry juice
- Sprite, 7up, or gingerale
- crushed ice
- Add watermelon chunks to vodka and let it steep for about an hour. After about an hour, blend the vodka and watermelon until it is a slushie consistency. I used an immersion blender, but you could use a regular blender.
- Add equal parts cranberry to the vodka mixture. I had ~2 c. watermelon vodka and added 2 c. cranberry.
- Fill glass with crushed ice. Pour watermelon vodka cranberry mixture over ice. Fill about 2/3 full.
- Add a splash of Sprite, 7up, or gingerale on top.
- Cherry Margarita
- Raspberry Lemon Drop
- something called a Paradise